Stocktake Tips and Solutions for Retail Businesses
Annual Stocktake Tips and Solutions for Retail Businesses
Have you considered early stocktake due to current conditions? Preparation will make stocktaking procedures more streamlined and efficient for normal business operation once conditions have improved and restrictions are lifted.
CFI Global has put together the following checklist to help make preparation easier:
- Decide which date and time your store can complete stocktake with the least amount of disruption and additional labour cost.
- Pre-arrange shelving, warehouse bays and aisles so that access is not an issue.
- End-to-end supply chain visibility
- Demand-planning improvements
- Replenishment functions
- Reduced operational costsInvest in technology and systems. Clipboards, pen and paper should well and truly be a thing of the past. Relying on the ‘check and double check’ method is time-consuming and unproductive. Even technology in the simplest form far outweighs the cost of manual processes to perform a stocktake. An effective Warehouse Management System (WMS) provides a number of benefits to any warehouse operation. When a WMS utilises a location numbering system that is easy to follow and understand (and is adhered to), benefits include:
You may be asking yourself, “How does my organisation utilise technology when it comes time for the End of Financial Year stocktake?” We offer inexpensive retail technology solutions in partnership with our resellers.
CFI Global offers several Stocktake Bundles, including hardware and software. For those businesses that require a simple 1D or 2D barcode scanner, we offer DENSO BHT-1500 (1D codes) or BHT-1300 (1D only or 1D/2D combined), bundled with Easy Pack application software. Easy Pack is a ‘scan and count’ software solution. Easy Pack can also be expanded with PC tool – an add-on to that allows you to create customised 1D and 2D scanning solutions. BHT-1500 is ultra compact with good screen clarity and is ideal for repeated use in retail applications due to its light weight. BHT-1300 is similarly light weight and offers a long battery life of up to 42 hours at temperatures between -20°C and 50°C. BHT-1500 and BHT-1300 run on BHT OS and are available with optional Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth.
For a contemporary Stocktake Bundle, CFI Global offers iData 95s Android terminal with I-Inventory application software. CFI Global has introduced iData products to Australia as their exclusive distributor. Launching in May, the iData 95s is a compact, full-featured handheld scanner (1D/2D combined), encompassing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. The advanced scan engine permits reading barcodes covered by plastic film, and is suitable for use in complex environments that require quick and accurate scanning, whilst the industrial-grade touch panel – shielded by Gorilla® glass – provides high light transmittance and resolution. I-Inventory is a versatile application that requires minimal setup to get you started, and is customisable through its PC companion application.
CFI Global takes a consultative approach to help you solve challenges and welcomes enquiries about Stocktake Bundles, iData products, RFID, or any other retail data capture hardware or software matters.